Letters to Parents & Carers
This week's Headteacher Letter
17th January 2024
Dear Parents & Carers,
It has been lovely to see all of the children back at school after the Christmas break – and a Happy New Year to all of our parents and carers! Our attendance was brilliant across the Autumn Term and we want to try and keep it that way. We are in an attendance competition with all of the other schools in our Academy Trust and we need to keep attendance as high as possible as well as having the most pupils with 100% attendance across the term. So far, we have 419 pupils – what a great start!
We have continued with our Yoga for children with KS1 having a go on Monday. Further dates can be found below. Feedback has been excellent from the children and staff!
Bikes & Scooters on site
Just a reminder that parents/carers are not allowed to ride on e-scooters or bikes on the school grounds. Please dismount and walk down with them – not ride down.
We are at that time of year when ice and snow make things difficult and we have two requests for you:
- We are only allowed to make our site safe; we are not allowed to do any gritting outside of school for legal reasons. If parents want to request that their roads (or Northallerton & Westminster) are gritted, please fill out the form. I would imagine that the more people who request the gritting, the more successful the request will be…: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/emergencies/winter-and-gritting/gritting-request-form/
- Please make sure we have the right mobile number for you as, if we are forced to close due to the weather, we will let everyone know by:
- Texting all parents
- Putting it on Twitter / X
- Putting it on our website
- Informing local radio stations
If you are not sure if we have the right number for you (if you have not been getting texts, please contact school as soon as possible.
Please see our dates page on the website for all the latest events in school.
Friday 19th January 8.30am – Year 4 sleepover Information Meeting in The Hub; Yoga for Classes England, Kenya, Spain & Japan
Monday 22nd January – Yoga for Classes Mexico, Peru, Jamaica, Chile & Brazil
Wednesday 24th January 8.30am – Year 1 Parents Meeting: Phonics in The Hub
Monday 29th January – Yoga for classes Argentina, Ireland & China
Wednesday 31st January – RE Day – Hand to Mouth
Friday 2nd February – Number Day; Y4 Sleepover
Monday 5th February – Children’s Mental Health Week begins; Nursery Stay and Play
Tuesday 6th February – Safer Internet Day; Nursery Stay and Play; Y3 visit to Cliffe Castle
Thursday 8th February – Nursery Stay and Play
Friday 9th February – Muhammed ‘Abz’ Abby working with whole school on Mental Health; 3.00pm – School closes until Monday 19th February at 8.30am.
Future Date for diaries - Saturday 20th April – Easter & Eid Fayre at School
Worship & Prayer
Remember that you can go to our website to see what the children have been discussing in our weekly Monday worship. https://www.westminsterschool.co.uk/visionandservice/collective-worship-1-2/spring-1
Headteacher Letters 2023 / 24
2022 / 23 Headteacher Letters